Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Things Fall Apart in Berlin



This Friday Things Fall Apart opens at Pool Gallery in Berlin. The exhibition is my first curatorial foray at Pool and features a stellar lineup of artists. When Pool approached me about curating a show of work that was in dialog with my Stranded series I immediately started to make a shortlist of artists in my head. It was important to me that the show feature all women artists because we are generally underrepresented in the art world and when you make work out in the world, gender plays a significant role in how you react to your environment and how the environment reacts to you. And, it doesn't hurt that most of my favorite photographers happen to be women.

Curating an exhibition is a lot of work (a lot of work!), but I couldn't be more pleased with the show and I couldn't be more honored to have my work hang next to such a wonderful collection of photographs made by such a talented group of artists.

If you are in Berlin, please stop by the opening and say hello.

Here are the details:
Things Fall Apart
Curated by Amy Stein | Works by Juliana Beasley, Lisa Kereszi, Stacy Mehrfar, Justine Reyes, Robin Schwartz, Amy Stein, Zoe Strauss
November 20, 2010 – January 15, 2011
Pool Gallery
Tucholskystraße 38
Berlin, Germany

Opening Reception: Friday, November 19
Related Posts with Thumbnails